Capital budgeting is a process that helps organizations evaluate potential investments and decide which investments are worth it. For many organizations these investments include maintenance work, renovations, and equipment upgrades — expenditures that can maximize their day-to-day operations and preserve their budgets.
For schools, colleges and universities, creating a budget and sticking to it is essential to your institution’s success. But when school facilities and equipment need maintenance, whether planned or unexpected, sticking to a budget can be difficult. Implementing a cloud-based forecasting solution takes the guesswork out of capital budgeting by predicting facility needs and justifying funding requests.
SchoolDude is an asset management company that specializes in cloud-based solutions for schools, colleges, universities and districts. With over 1 million clients, SchoolDude is the market leader in cloud-based solutions for schools in the nation.
SchoolDude’s Capital Budgeting Software: What it Does and Where to Get it
- Organizes: Categorizes work by locations, systems and building components and keeps up with yearly trends. Generates details and graphs to share with your team.
- Forecasts: Compiles lists of future maintenance needs and estimated costs and keeps track of warranty information for equipment.
- Prioritizes: Prioritizes maintenance tasks so pressing needs are dealt with first.
- Adapts: Imports previous assessments.
- Documents: Documents work closures and costs.
Determining whether an investment is worth funding can be confusing and time consuming. With SchoolDude’s cloud-based solutions, forecasting your school’s capital budget is quick and simple. Want to know more? Take a look at this!