Here's the question of "Can I scan an asset barcode to input an asset number into Insight search field, pull up the asset, and move it into a repair queue/status?" and here is the specific workflow:
- A Dell Chromebook is mailed to Tech Services with an issue. When it arrives, staff needs to
- read the 3-pt font serial number
- locate that item in the inventory
- Move the item into the repair queue.
Ideally, with a scanner, we could simplify this by
- scanning the printed Dell Service tag on the Chromebook case
- moving the item into the repair queue.
Did I mention that Dell prints their serial numbers in a 3-pt font?
Let me know if the system can work in this manner.