is the second largest line item in facilities and operations budgets
after payroll. According to SchoolDude’s Facilities, Budget, Staffing
and Operations Survey, energy accounts for nearly 25% of a school’s
facilities budget. Although it may seem out of your control, you can
manage your energy usage – and you can start by taking a look at your
utility bills and ENERGY STAR scores.
If you’re simply paying your bills without question or review, you’re missing out on potential cost savings opportunities.
Tracking and managing utilities can be challenging for many schools,
but with the right tools you can create a successful energy conservation
program and start to see significant savings.
In this webinar, we’ll cover how using ENERGY STAR scores and
tracking energy use to reduce consumption and costs can benefit your
school with tips from the experts who will discuss how to:
- Better understand and utilize ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager and how ENERGY STAR scores are calculated
- Identify under-performing schools using ENERGY STAR scores as a key indicator
- Review each school’s monthly ENERGY STAR score ranking and promote conservation efforts with ENERGY STAR’s scoring system
- Start to track utilities to identify savings opportunities and incorporate ENERGY STAR scores into your buildings
- Develop a comprehensive, sustainable energy management program