We define operations performance management as a process to measure progress and results toward the goals of your organization with the objective of identifying continuous process improvement initiatives to increase and enhance your organization’s ability to execute. We recognize that the education sector is facing serious challenges today, and we have witnessed what we believe has emerged as a
“Perfect Storm” for educational institutions over the past decade. Schools and campuses have experienced an increasing number of complex challenges that have been developing over the past several decades.
We believe that a well-defined and properly implemented operations performance management program is an exceptional vehicle to translate subjective vision, mission, and value statements into clearly defined objectives. We think that it is:
- A vehicle to align detailed organizational objectives with strategic enterprise goals;
- A method to simplify communicating strategic goals and supporting objectives;
- A technique to communicate using specific objective metrics versus subjective ideas;
- A tool to successfully set and manage expectations for your internal customers, staff, and management;
- An efficient method to keep your management and administration informed on the performance and results delivered by your organization;
- A means to attain transparency, visibility, and integrity across your organization;
- A method to align your human and financial resources in your organization toward common outcomes;
- A technique to align your staff with the enterprise goals;
- A tool to position you to be proactive in addressing potential issues and shortcomings;
- A vehicle to prioritize key initiatives and focus your staff on the right initiatives at the right time;
- A means to improve your organization’s ability to execute efficiently and consistently while reducing variability in your overall performance;
- An approach to promote informed decision-making;
- A strategic asset to keep your organization moving in a positive direction from your continuous improvement initiatives;
- A process to measure progress in achieving goals and objectives;
- A method to create uniformity in how things are measured in your organization.
Please check back for new OPM blog posts in the days and weeks ahead.
We published a book with details on the Operations Proficiency Model and supporting methodologies in 2013. Please plan to join us for one of our OPM sessions at SchoolDude University, April 5th – 9th, or visit our OPM webpage for additional details.
OPM Blog Post in Series: Introducing the SchoolDude Operations Proficiency Model (OPM)
Next OPM Blog Post in Series: Operations Impact on Student Performance