What does Georgia, Texas, Maryland, Oregon, Washington, California and Tennessee have in common?
They are sharing their operations management stories here!
School districts and college campuses across the U.S. face similar challenges when it comes to operations management. Whether the biggest challenge is tracking requests, tracking costs, or poor customer service due to lack of communication or slow completion times, everyone can relate.
While our clients' previous operations management systems vary (legacy client server systems, Excel, or simply pen and paper), our clients report one thing in common - efficiency improved dramatically when they switched to a web-based, user-friendly solution.
Sure, we can talk about how automatic routing improves work order completion time; the reports available from your work order and preventive maintenance data track costs and justify staff or budget; and automatic email updates improve customer service. But, we figured it would be better to share some client stories directly from the trenches!
The following K-12 schools and districts range in size from 5,000 to 20,000 students and span from Georgia to California. Find out what best practices they implemented to overcome their tracking and resource challenges...
- Snoqualmie Valley School District in WA improved work order and labor hour tracking, decreasing completion time from 3 weeks to 2 days.
- Rockdale County Public Schools in GA implemented a mobile workforce, resulting in less work order aging and improved tracking of work orders and costs.
- Gresham-Barlow School District in OR quantified and prioritized hundreds of capital requests.
- Eanes ISD in TX replaced its unreliable legacy system and now has better visibility into needs and a successful community use cost recovery program that recoups nearly $100 per student annually.
- Alameda City USD in CA improved communication with requesters and used SchoolDude reports to justify 4 hires.
The Physical Plant and Housing Departments at college campuses in Georgia, Maryland and Tennessee faced similar challenges with their outdated legacy systems. How did they overcome these?
- Albany State University in GA better tracks housing and laundry work requests and inventory costs, resulting in better budgeting.
- University of Baltimore in MD shortened work order completion times and how has a 65% preventive maintenance to reactive maintenance ratio.
- University of Tennessee's Housing Department successfully rolled out SchoolDude to students to submit their own requests, leading to fewer calls, happier students and faster response times.
If you would like to learn more about how these districts and campuses achieved efficiency improvements, check out more on SchoolDude's maintenance management solutions!