SchoolDude recently conducted a webinar, What Schools are Saying About Budget and Staffing Levels, reviewing the results of the inaugural Facilities Budget, Staffing, and Operations Study. With over 500 education operations leaders in attendance, we asked them “What are your biggest challenges in regards to budget and staffing?”
What did the results show?
- 34% of respondents indicated leadership not understanding their operations needs as the biggest challenge
- Nearly tied, not having enough money (at 31%) and no industry benchmarks or standards (at 29%) were the next biggest challenges
- Only 6% of respondents indicated employee turnover is the biggest challenge when it comes to budget and staffing
When we looked at these results, it solidified the need for this study: You need data and benchmarks to communicate your facilities and operations needs to leadership.
Educational institutions have told us budget and staffing benchmarking data is critical for maintenance and operations leaders to better understand what their school’s future staffing levels should be and how to allocate their budget. As a result, we launched the 2016 Facilities Budget, Staffing, and Operations Survey, which 320 K-12 schools and 80 higher education institutions participated in.
The study's goal is to become the gold standard for Maintenance & Operations benchmarks and operational excellence in education. By collecting financial and demographic data from districts, schools, and colleges with operational key performance indicators (KPIs), SchoolDude can provide insights into current budget and staffing levels and help you better predict and justify future resources and staffing needs.
Download the full survey report today to learn:
- Staffing levels for custodial, grounds, and maintenance
- Facilities landscape and building data
- Industry trends
- How to benchmark your current staffing, budget information, and operations performance