At Topeka USD 501 we create a monthly newsletter to help raise awareness of what the Maintenance Department does for our schools.
We feel it's important to let the district know how we use technology - so we make sure they're aware of SchoolDude and how we use it to track different types of work we do for our schools. For us, there are 3 major categories most of our work fall under: General Maintenance, Facility Improvements, and Major Maintenance.
The majority of work we do is General Maintenance. We keep several average statistics to help us track how we are performing and completing these every day work tasks. Some of these we get from the Dude Data Dashboard and some are KPIs I calculate with data from MaintenanceDirect:
- Work orders received per fiscal year
- Work orders completed per fiscal year
- Number of Days it takes to complete a work order
- “Work in Progress” work orders at any given time
- Work orders our four department technicians complete a week
- Percentage of overall work orders completed within a week
- Number of work orders completed by our technicians per year
You can view these KPIs in our April edition of the newsletter.
In the newsletter we also include Employee of the Month for our Service Center and Custodial Staff, our Service Mission, events and announcements, birthdays, and Fun Facts. The response from the district and employees is positive and we find it's helps raise the appreciation of all we do to help the district.