The Operations Proficiency Model (OPM) is a performance measurement model specifically developed as a framework and a tool to facilitate the identification of continuous improvement initiatives for leaders responsible for maintaining and operating schools and higher education institutions. When contemplating embracing a performance management program, like the Operations Proficiency Model, we believe that a successful implementation program includes three fundamental elements.
- Embracing Performance Management is a Process
- Providing Strong Leadership
- Proactively Managing the Change Process
As a final note to this blog series, I would like to reinforce the value of using the Operations Proficiency Model as a tool for:
- Aligning your district or institutional goals with your departmental and staff objectives; along with
- Capitalizing on the results that your team is delivering by effectively communicating and marketing the services that your organization provides; and
- Leading an organization with transparency and visibility of key organization results; and
- Facilitating the prioritization of critical resources and key initiatives; and finally
- Using your most critical performance indicators as a catalyst for continuous process improvement for your organization.
We applaud your interest and desire to initiate a performance management program, and we wish you tremendous success towards achieving desired results on your Path to Success beyond your greatest expectations.
I am very much looking forward to a dialog with hundreds of our clients on performance management and other timely issues and opportunities this coming weekend at
SchoolDude University East in Myrtle Beach.
our book on the Operations Proficiency Model and supporting methodologies.
For more information on OPM visit our
Previous OPM Blog Post in Series: Industry Performance Benchmarking