We know that travel and training budgets are tight, and that getting approval to attend conferences can be difficult to obtain. Have no fear, we're here to help.
Consider these tips when you're requesting approval to attend one of the largest and most recognized professional development conferences for M&O professionals, SchoolDude University:
- Make a list of your challenges and professional development goals for the year. Then check out the Session List (over 50 sessions so far!), Workshops, Leadership Summit, and other Special Events to determine which of them will help you the most.
- Register by March 1, 2015, to save.
- Download our Justification Fact Sheet to request approval and support from your department or school.
- Take notes on sessions so you bring back what you learned and share them with your team.
- Use the airport shuttle to and from the hotel instead of taking a taxi. If SchoolDude arranges your airfare, we'll automatically add the shuttle service to the airfare total.
- Bunk up! Kingston Plantation offers villas with several bedrooms at great rates. Save even more by sharing a room.
- Find a travel companion if you're driving, and share money on gas (arrange to share a room or villa and save even more!). A conference "buddy" can create a great peer networking opportunity and enhance the conference experience, especially for first-time attendees.
The 2015 SchoolDude University East Coast Conference will be held in Myrtle Beach, SC, March 15-18.