Reporting Integration between MD and ID
I stand corrected. You are right in that the Issue Detail Report in InventoryDirect and the Transaction Detail Report in MaintenanceDirect would have to be joined. Your Idea is a solid one and addresses a reporting need that we do not currently have in place. Thank you for submitting it!
Have you tried running a Transaction Detail Report? That should give you the information you need. To run it, try the following:
1. Click on Report in the Actions bar (just below the tabs)
2. In the lightbox that comes up, choose Transactions.
3. In Step 1, choose the time frame you want, "This Month, Last Month, Fiscal Year, etc." Or you can put in a custom date range.
4. In Step 2 you can do the Work Order Request Date or when the Transaction occurred.
5. Choose Issue in Step 3
6. Leave Steps 4-7 at their Default
7. Choose your Location(s) if you need to do so.
8. Leave 9-11 at their Default
9. Select Dorm Damage as your Purpose Code in Step 12 or you can leave it at the Default to capture them all.
10. Leave Steps 13-17 at their default for All.
11. In Step 18, choose Detail Report.
12. In Step 19, choose Excel Spreadsheet.
13. You can name the report and save it for future use.
14. Click on Print This to run the Report or Save and Print This if you intend to save it. You only have to do this the first time since your report will now be available in your account for future use.
Column M will include the Purpose Description along with the rest of the Issue Transaction and Work Order information. I certainly hope that helps you capture the information you are seeking. Please let us know if you have any other questions or need more information and we will be happy to help any way that we can. You can reach us at (877)883-8337 or firstname.lastname@example.org 8 AM - 6 PM Monday-Friday.
"MD and ID do integrate, but when it comes to reports,
they report on the data within their specific systems."
Monthly, we run a MaintenanceDirect purpose report to capture dorm damage charges. Recently implementing InventoryDirect, we have become aware that the two modules do not fully integrate when it comes to the reporting feature. Therefore, items that are issued from inventory appear only as "issue" on the MD purpose report - the issued item's name does not appear on the report. This causes the report to be inadequate to the end user. Currently, it appears that the only resolution would be to run separate reports in each of the modules (MD and ID) and to then merge information from both reports on Excel. This seems to be quite a process that would be time consuming and inefficient as opposed to running 1 report on a completely integrated platform.
Thank you for considering the notion of full reporting integration.
Your efforts are appreciated.